Sorry for being judgemental?

Alrighty, I’m back to report more on our lovely friend Monsieur Meursault. So I completely glazed over this detail in my last blog post but he’s got himself a little girlfriend named Marie. Now I know it really isn’t my place to judge but I’m starting to notice an interesting trend (for lack of a better word). It appears that Meursault’s only idea of a date goes about the following:

1. Go to the beach with Marie
  2. Frolick in the water until they end up making out on the beach
  3. Scurry back to his place with tunnel vision for one thing in mind
  4. Do said “one thing”
  5. Get up in the middle of the night to smoke a cigarette on the balcony
  6. Wake up mid-morning and maybe eat brunch.

Now that I’ve clarified a typical “date night” for Meursault and Marie…I’m going to judge…sorry. At this point in the book thus far I have not identified one redeeming quality of Meursault except that he at least had the decency to take the time to travel for his mother’s funeral. I feel like he’s just living life by the waves of the wind and hardly has much morality or direction. I’m just starting the part of the book where the murder case goes down and Meursault will eventually be arrested so I’m thinking that perhaps these circumstances may change him. While I’m only moderately interested in this book at the moment, I know I need to push through, even if it’s just to make sure the guy who abuses his dog gets some kind of karma.

One thought on “Sorry for being judgemental?”

1. I love how your blog is structured in such a natural way where you still get your point across but it doesn’t seem like an essay.